2.1
Layout of Store

I have three traxxas vehicles, a 4wd slash (which has overheated and fried three different motors in less than ten runs), a 2wd slash(which broke so often I cannibalized it for parts), and a Bigfoot 1 stampede, which, in less than two months,has broken no less than the following: 3 sets of steering blocks, 1 front lower bulkhead, 3 outdrives 7 (that's right, 7) axles.The axles were also a weak point on my 2wd slash.

I broke three of them before upgrading to MIP steel Cvd's, wich say on the package that they will fit my 2wd stampede, but are actually too short for the A-arms, as they are meant to fit the nitro version instead. The u-joints on these stock plastic axles are literally the worst part I have ever seen in any of my hobbies. Today, after a fresh axle repair last night, the outdrive on the other side (replaced two days prior) broke in literally five seconds. Seriously, no jumping, no burnouts, and only one wheelie, and the peice of *** broke AGAIN!

It takes a lot for someone who has been into rc from 4 to 33 years old to give up on the hobby and throw a toy that he has dropped close to $500 into after upgrades, but you did it traxxas.Thanks for killing what I love.

Review about: Traxxas Toy Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Traxxas?

Comments

Hope this helps.(I'm not part of Traxxas but am very familiar with Slash.)

Overheating: If you are "frying" the ESC's, it can be that you might be using a wrong battery.

I would buy a battery with no less than 35 to 50C ratings. If you are using either 2S LiPo or 3S LiPo, I would keep my eyes on the motor temperature. Infrared thermo guns are about $15 so it's a good investment to have one.

As for the CVD's, and from seeing that you are having constant issues with the ESC's, sounds like you are really bashing hard. :) Plastic CVD's will break, so if you plan on using high rating batteries, I would suggest using Traxxas metal driveshafts.

I would not recommend using the MIP's.

Hope this helps.